| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Thoracic Division in the Department of Medicine (DoM) at MSK is seeking a Clinical Research Manager (CRM). The CRM serves as an integral member of the research team and oversees the daily operations and activities of the various research portfolios across the divisions.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Staff Management: Supervise the training/development and performance management for a large team of direct and indirect reports throughout the programs.
- Protocol Development: Oversee all aspects of the protocol development process including protocol, consent, budget and other essential study document drafting. Must be able to write protocols and develop budgets.
- Financial Management: Works closely with the appropriate stakeholders, forecast trial resource needs, and assesses staffing resource needs for program and senior leadership to ensure appropriate line function allocations. As needed, assist the PI and Grants Mgmt. Specialist to help with financial information for grant preparation.
- Clinical Trial Reporting: Generate protocol portfolio status reports for key stakeholders. Implements solutions for streamlining and accelerating the monitoring and review of clinical trials to significantly increase accrual to clinical trials, data cleaning, data quality, and trial completion.
- Quality Assurance: participate in routine audits for data quality, regulatory compliance, patient safety issues related to clinical trial. Communicates and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, quality standards and improvement initiatives.
- Database Management: Oversees data management aspects of research databases such as the Clinical Research Database (CRDB), department specific patient databases, and the Disease Management System (DMS) as needed.
- At Least 4 years of clinical research experience.
- At least 2 years of direct staff management.
- Thorough knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, Human Subject Protection, clinical trial design, regulatory processes, and clinical development process required.
- Therapeutic and Oncology Research experience strongly preferred.
- Effective written/verbal communication and oral presentation skills required. Excellent interpersonal, leadership, decision-making and issue resolution skills are also required.
- Working knowledge of various databases, Medidata, CRDB, InForm, Tao etc.
- Familiarity with Non-therapeutic protocols, including Biospecimen, Retrospective and PRO studies.
- Familiarity with grant application process.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.