A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Market title: Business Systems Analyst Intermediate 101973
Working title: Business Systems Analyst, Strategic Resource Management, Talent Management
Reports to: Sr. Director, Strategic Resource Management, Office of University Development
Term: 2 years
As part of the Strategic Resource Management (SRM) team, the Business Systems Analyst, will work closely with key Office of University Development (OUD) staff to help define requirements, obtain, configure, and launch a resource capacity planning system. This system will be used to plan, track, and report out on staff time spent on various services and projects.
SRM serves a strategic role within OUD by: executing key initiatives and programs in line with OUD organizational pillars and goals, coordinating multi-team resources across OUD’s fiscal-year-prioritized projects, and tracking and reporting multiple related KPI’s across all organizational levels.
This position works in an environment dedicated to advancing the mission of the Office of University Development (OUD) and the University. The position will work to build positive and meaningful relationships with co-workers and customers.
This position is a 2-year term limited position, from date of hire. Before the end of the term limit, it could be considered for a term extension or for transition to an open-ended position.
40% System Implementation
- Work with end users to determine and document requirements for the capacity planning system.
- If necessary, work with University Procurement to launch an Request for Proposal (RFP) process to obtain the capacity planning system software.
- Based on user requirements, configure the capacity planning system to meet requirements.
- Design dashboards and reports based on user requirements.
- As needed, built ETL (extract, transform, load) processes to move data into the capacity planning system from other relevant systems in use.
40% Operational Support
- Evaluate requests to determine best method for data update or retrieval.
- Develop, review, modify, test, document and implement queries, reports, and/or data visualizations in SQL Server, Footprints, JIRA, Business Objects, Teamwork, DART Query tool and Tableau to extract data and support reporting requests. Analyzes new tools to complete requests if necessary.
- Competent to work at most technical levels of reporting including analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing report logic difficulties as necessary. Converts information to/from a wide variety of formats.
- Create, update, and disseminate of reports regarding OUD core processes and prioritized projects, throughout all organizational levels
- KPI and ROI analysis across OUD teams. Develop Key Performance Indicators and other business process measurements in conjunction with Development Resources for use in Tableau reports and data analysis
- Synthesize data into easy to understand digestible information.
- Assist with monitoring and reporting of team customer service performance. Provide analysis of metrics to senior management to inform and assist with operational decisions.
15% Resource Management Program Support
- Monitor, manage and analyze project utilization, tracking resource availability as well as capacity planning across multiple projects, across multiple OUD teams.
- Forecast project resources needs based on identified work
- Work collaboratively with cross department teams of various levels of seniority
- Create, develop and coordinate implementation of OUD service menu
- Assist in ongoing development of new processes and policies including materials and/or documentation that helps educate the Development Community on the standards and procedures of the Strategic Resource Management Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in business processing and/or systems support; to include business systems analysis, design, development, and testing. Understanding of usability design and usability testing.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of related experience working with data and information systems (MS Access, SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle databases, or other SQL programming).
- Business Intelligence experience with regard to data analytics, as well as experience with data visualization software (E.g., Tableau).
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, technical curiosity, analytical and creative problem solving skills; the ability to solve business problems with technical solutions that save customers time and effort.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all organizational levels, and to translate technical concepts into layperson terminology using clear, concise, and user-friendly language.
- Experience interviewing and documenting business process and user stories.
- Demonstrated skills in facilitating team meetings and collaborating with customers on the resolution of business process issues that arise.
- Ability to work independently and assume a broad range of responsibility.
- Ability to apply a consistent yet flexible strategic plan to constantly changing organizational needs; remain productive during slow periods, and effectively multi-task during peak periods.
- Effective time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Ability to forecast timelines and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with co-workers in a team oriented environment.
- Knowledge of/or ability to learn industry trends and best practices in development and fundraising.
- Proficiency with Google Apps and MS Office, including MS Project.
- Master’s Degree
- Background in project, program, or resource management.
- First-hand experience in a development/fundraising organization in a higher education environment of a similar size and complexity to the University of Michigan. Knowledge of or willingness to learn university policies, procedures and best practices.
- Knowledge of/or ability to learn best practices in development, fundraising and community service as recommended by related umbrella organizations such as CASE, NACUBO and others. Desire to stay current on industry trends by monitoring various media, peer networking and professional development.
- CRM experience - including administration/customization (E.g., Salesforce, Footprints, ServiceNow)
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.