Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Under the direction of the CAMP Director, the Program Coordinator will coordinate the daily administration of the College Assistance Migrant Program. Provides information and serves as a resource to students, staff and program participants and/or the public regarding program content, policies and activities, and recommend courses of action; and achieves defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing, and maintaining services with established guidelines.
- Greets office visitors and answer multi-line telephone
- Assists the Director with the development and management of CAMP budget, expenditures, fund balances, and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues recorded, expenses are within budget limits and that all University, State and Federal fiscal practices are followed.
- Reviews and processes all incoming students' applications; assist in determining program eligibility and academic need. Work with outreach specialist to notify students of acceptance.
- Develops and revises staff policy manuals for training purposes
- Assists with the collection and submission of CAMP data for annual reports
- Responsible for monthly budget reconciliation of program charges
- Submits all travel on behalf of CAMP program staff
- Assist with all Discover! Orientation sessions; is the lead coordinator for all Open houses, secure rooms, and light refreshments
- Develops and coordinate new student CAMP orientations; arranges spaces, speakers, and facilitators
- Takes the lead on scheduling, planning and coordination of buses, restaurants, tours for cultural events and attends trips; chaperones as needed.
- Coordinates the development, printing and dissemination of CAMP brochures to relevant agencies and departments
- Manages social media accounts, Facebook etc; updates the web page for CAMP.
- Prepare quarterly newsletters and mails out to parents
- Lead coordinator in the annual Dare to Dream partnership;
- Coordinates, rooms, speakers, lodging, etc; attends planning meetings with director
- Organizes materials from schools, creates lists, works with various districts
- Plans bus routes, hires mentors, and facilitates Dare to Dream trainings;
- Connects with faculty and staff regarding Dare to Dream curriculum and planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use Word, Excel, email, and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, receive and respond to email inquiries, task, etc.
- Experience with monitoring/reconciling multiple budgets;
- Demonstrated relevant experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of federal regulations regarding DOE grant-funding.
- Understanding of barriers similar to those encountered by students from migrant populations.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $2602/month with periodic increases up to $3369/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / PSE Bargaining Unit 4
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: June 5, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Miriam Bocchetti
Title: CAMP Director
Phone: (509) 963-1708
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
This position is part of a Public School Employees of Washington (PSE) bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
The seniority date for the selected applicant shall be set in accordance with Article 43.2 of the Public School Employees (PSE) collective bargaining agreement.