Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID 1415
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Working under general direction, this position administers the charge card program and makes furniture and other purchases for the University. The incumbent develops specifications, issues and analyzes informal quotes and bids for service contracts and/or procurement of products. Awards contracts within dollar limitations and resolves vendor performance issues. Assigns work to departmental support staff.
- Administer assigned elements of the purchasing card program including activities related to cardholder application, application approval, on-line account maintenance, cardholder and approving official training, answering all program questions, analyzing monthly cardholder expenditures to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, seek out ways to increase card usage, maintain vendors CWU website portals, facilitate transaction download for payments to bank, identify needs to update program policies and procedures, communicate CWU business requirements to State Department of Enterprise Services, and assist in reconciliation and compliance audits.
- Edit and review requisitions for form, content, accuracy and appropriate signatures. Research and develop specifications for standardized goods and services and determine appropriate evaluation criteria.
- Determine appropriate purchasing method (credit card, bid, quote, request for proposal, etc.) and obtain prices in compliance with Washington State Law and University policy.
- Conduct bid openings when required.
- Issue purchase orders.
- Analyze results of bids/quotes, etc. and make recommendations on awards within limitations assigned by Manager.
- Help clients in selection of alternate products offered on a bid/quote.
- Where practical, develop product expertise in specifically assigned standardized commodities to be able to advise clients on appropriateness of various products.
- Strive to provide exceptional service to our clients.
- Resolve problems related to purchases by working closely with vendors, accounts payable, receiving and the requisitioning departments.
- Process change orders.
- Communicate state and University regulations/policies/procedures to staff, campus community and external parties.
- Train departments on use of administrative systems (PeopleSoft, ProCard, etc.).
- Assist with training of new office personnel (student or classified staff).
- Work with team members in the planning and implementation of new or revised procedures, processes or computer support systems as they relate to the purchasing department.
- For all purchases requiring competition, seek out MWBE/VIGS vendors for inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One year of work experience in buying or purchasing AND an Associate of Arts Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management or similar field.
- OR two years of work experience in buying or purchasing AND two years of college;
- OR an equivalent combination of work experience and/or college level training.
- Two years of experience as a professional level buyer.
- Experience working with diverse populations within a Higher Education setting.
- Experience in purchasing card and/or travel card administration.
- Experience working with MRP software and/or PeopleSoft FMS.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) designation.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $3140/month with periodic increases up to $4190/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: June 1, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Stuart Thompson
Title: Director of Contracts, Purchasing & Payment Services
Phone: (509) 963-1004
Website: Contracts, Purchasing & Surplus
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.