| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Position is responsible for leading team efforts in billing workflow and processes. Assists staff with resolving departmental issues. Identifies billing, payer and workflow trends. Process Interface activities to include Registration Reports, AVM Reports, Eligibility file and Charge file to completion daily. Assists Director/Manager with development of procedures within the department. Assists with other billing functions during vacations and absences. Assists with special projects and other duties assigned. Promotes team effort and departmental goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs billing insurance verification for all payers including Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care and research/special billing insurance.
- Verifies patient demographic information.
- Performs collection follow-up duties for all insurance payers including Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care insurance.
- Handles patient complaints.
- Handles discounts, adjustments and charge corrections.
- Acts as a liaison between the department and the Physician Billing Services to resolve patient complaints and insurance issues.
- Contacts patients and insurance companies to resolve issues.
- Contacts insurance companies regarding posting payments and collection agencies regarding payment reports, as well as, responds to questions and requests from Insurance companies.
- Manages PPM processes.
Equivalent of High School diploma with 2-3 years experience in medical collection setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers, general office equipment, telephone console, medical terminology, collection techniques and communication skills that involves dealing with confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products to include Word, Outlook, intermediate skills in Excel and at least basic skills in Access.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Radiology Administration. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The hiring range for this position is $15.24 - $18.68 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.