Job Description: The Research RN will start and maintain peripheral IV catheters and perform blood sample collection procedures on adult participants in experimental research studies involving administration of a DEA Schedule I drug and/or alcohol. The Research RN will be responsible for processing biological samples, maintaining sample inventory, and preparing samples for transport/shipping. Other research duties are to assist with phone screening, scheduling, digitizing data questionnaires, and study protocol implementation (computer tasks and research interviews).
- BSN from an accredited program for nursing.
- Required: Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the state of Rhode Island.
- Required: At least 5 years of nursing experience.
- Preferred: At least 5 years of direct experience with IV insertion, phlebotomy, and related procedures. Must demonstrate competence in IV/phlebotomy checklist by end of introductory period or position will be forfeited.
- Preferred: At least 5 years of experience with blood sample processing strongly preferred.
- Preferred: At least 5 years of related work experience in clinical/laboratory research setting preferred.
- Preferred: Experience in administering EKGs preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility, accountability, and responsibility
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks efficiently, take initiative, and maintain highly organized working conditions
- Knowledge of aseptic technique and Universal Precautions
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and volume
- Understanding of experimental research methodology and clinical research procedures
- Experience and proficiency with computer applications, including internet, word processing, and data management applications
Background Check; Criminal and Educational
This position has the potential for increased hours in the future.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-17-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research RN
Department:Center for Alcohol & Addiction Studies
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.