The PLME Manager will ensure administrative operations run efficiently and smoothly, providing the highest level of service to meet the needs of 240 PLME students, parents, faculty, and 4 deans in PLME Medical School Program. Responsible for managing and executing the financial administration and human resource needs of the department and providing high level support to the Associate Dean of Medicine. Keeps the Associate Dean informed by reviewing and analyzing reports, summarizing information and identifying trends. Manages records systems, department budget and financial tasks, including Workday roles of Cost Center Report Reviewer, Financial and HR Coordinator, Time Tracking, and Absence Partner.
- Required: BA degree and 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of expertise and education.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Suite including Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets. Demonstrated ability to conduct mail merges.
- Familiarity with Workday and BANNER helpful but not required as the expectation is that the manager will learn these systems.
- Ability to update and maintain websites and create databases and utilize them for reports.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be intuitive and understanding of both the processes required of the position and have the ability to handle details with follow through.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to work within existing programmatic structure.
- Must be able to delegate when appropriate.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills; creativity and resourcefulness.
- Effective verbal and outstanding written communication skills; cultural sensitivity particularly with international partners. Appropriate use of various means of communication.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated customer service oriented experience and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds requires.
- Ability to work an occasional flexible work schedule - some evenings - (infrequent).
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-17-07:00
Job Posting Title:PLME Manager
Department:Warren Alpert Medical School
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.