This position is responsible for obtaining complete and accurate patient demographic, insurance (eligibility and/or verification), and financial information as well as collections of copays/deductibles, for inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients either face-to-face, by telephone, internet, etc.
The list below is considered to be essential functions of this position and all employees within SCL Health are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by providing a patient friendly and pleasant registration process to assure that patient and family needs are met in a timely manner.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- This position may walk up to 6 miles on any given shift and associate is required to be available to work overtime if needed
- Responsible for accurate registration of patient, communication of policies, financial responsibilities and Patient Rights and Responsibilities according to departmental operating procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Joint Commission and EMTALA regulations and other regulatory agencies.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others in a fast paced environment
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role as you are the first impression of SCL Health
- Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policy
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned as the position requires prolonged standing and walking
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisors.