| |Care Site Description St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
Services & Expertise:
- Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
- The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
- 567 associates, 65 medical staff
- 98 beds (56 are staffed)
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
- Cardiac Services
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Oncology Services
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Women's & Children Services
- St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Performs medical laboratory tests, procedures, and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by performing the following duties.
- Ability to access, manage and update patient medical records through Hospital Electronic Medical Record Information System.
- Accurately and reproducibly conducts chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Identifies patients, collects, labels, transports and stores all lab specimens according to established policies.
- Calls panic values per established policy.
- Correlates and interprets test results and enters findings in computer.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Performs quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verifies instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
- Demonstrates practices to keep all medical record information protected and confidential.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year College or University; or a combination of education and training
- Clinical Education in school of CLS
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certification by ASCP
- CLS and Montana Licensure within 6 months of hire
: St. James Healthcare, Butte, MT
: Variable Shift
: Oct 25, 2016, 7:20:57 PM