Providence is calling a Medical Staff Specialist Lead (Medical Staff Services Dept, Day Shift, 1.0-Full Time) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Fulfill all aspects of initial credentialing, reappointment, and privileging process independently, ensuring that applications for appointment and reappointment are managed in accordance with the medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies.
- Assist in the preparation of privilege requests and privilege changes for committee consideration.
- Provide training and education on credentialing processes in accordance with organization and department standards.
- Respond to Provider Affiliation Verification requests in a timely manner.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate degree (work experience may substitute for education)
- Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) or Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM)
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in medical staff services including credentialing, privileging reappointment processing, and meeting coordination
- Medical terminology
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 152521