Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Oncology, Day Shift, 0.0-On Call) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care needs for patients with cancer.
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds and monitor vital signs.
- Care for patients requiring long-term pain management and those receiving chemotherapy.
- Demonstrate strong teaching and communication skills with patients, family members, and multidisciplinary medical professionals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a BSN or higher within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at time of hire
- Chemotherapy Administration within 18 months of hire
- Practice Management and Leads within 18 months of hire
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) within 24 months of hire
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at St. Mary Medical Center
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with conscious sedation preferred
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 128274