Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) – Wound Care Specialist (Day Shift, 0.6 FTE) to Providence Home Services in King County, WA. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
*$2,500 sign on bonus is for external applicants only
In this position you will:
- Promote and deliver coordinated wound, ostomy and continence services per certification held.
- Promote comprehensive care to WOC patients through coordination of medical, agency and community resources.
- Assist patients with follow-up care needs after Agency discharge.
- Collaborate with all other healthcare team members toward the best outcomes for the patient and the ministry.
- Assess POC of ostomy patients and promote nursing care direct toward self-care and psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of care provided and revises care plan as necessary.
- Serve as a consultant to other nurses and healthcare professionals in managing highly complex patient care problems.
- Serve as an educator to patients and their families, staff, physicians and other healthcare professionals in the community in the management of ostomies, fistulas, wounds, pressure ulcers and incontinence.
- Provide in-service education and orientation classes.
- Work with the Clinical Educator on the development of education programs specific to the wound/ostomy/continence patient.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary patient centered case conferences as appropriate.
- Monitor data and statistical reports as requested.
- Participate in Quality Improvement.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Graduate from an accredited Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurses (WOCN) program
- Current Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurses (WOCN) certification
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Previous experience as a Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse (WOCN)
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Home Services is a not-for-profit, home health ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout King County in Washington state. We provide skilled nursing and therapy for patients who are recovering from or living with an acute or chronic illness. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, chaplains, occupational/physical/speech therapists, medical directors, and volunteers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Special Procedures Nursing
Req ID: 151919