Providence is calling an Environmental Aide/Housekeeper (Environmental Services , On-Call Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Participate in the performance evaluation process, departmental projects, and hospital committees/teams.
- Clean, polish and disinfect assigned areas, furnishings and fixtures in patient/resident rooms and common areas.
- Periodically clean windows, walls, ceilings and doors.
- Use dry mop, wet mop, broom or vacuum to clean floors, routinely and when incidents occur.
- Clean, sanitize and stock in bathrooms in patient/resident and public areas.
- Discard trash, medical waste and recycling.
- Mix, properly use and dispose of cleaning chemicals.
- Move furniture, equipment and supplies as necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping or custodial experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital in Spokane, Washington, offering a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services. The hospital primarily serves north Spokane County—the fastest growing area in our region. We are currently licensed for more than 270 beds. As a not-for-profit Catholic hospital, every dollar we earn goes back to the community we serve. Providence Holy Family Hospital received several Five Star safety and excellence awards last year, including Patient Safety, Pulmonary, Respiratory and Critical Care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Environmental Services/Housekeeping
Req ID: 154705