Providence is calling a Social Worker - LICSW (Psych. Residency, Days, Part time - .6 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Apply the social work process in contribution to an interdisciplinary approach to assessment, planning of care, and intervention
- Meet immediate needs of patients and families for emergency assistance as resources are available
- Be familiar with or have a desire to work in a primary care setting
- Have a desire to work in the integrated behavioral health setting to provide state of the art psychiatric care to patients using a model called collaborative care
- Be the primary behavioral health contact for the patient and liaise with primary care providers, nurses, psychiatrists and outside community resources
- Apply or learn primary care therapies such as behavioral activation, cognitive behavioral therapy, problem solving therapy and motivational interviewing
- Have strong teamwork skills
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work education
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Acceptable references from previous employers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years primary care or therapy experience
- Experience working with patients who have co-occurring mental health, substance and physical health problems
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 151808