Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) - Care Transition Coordinator (Internal Medicine Hospitalist, Full Time) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Collect, trend and analyzes aggregate data of patients to identify high risk patient populations for re-admissions.
- Monitor plan developed for high risk patients which are communicated to patient/caregiver and aftercare physician.
- Provide disease specific education for patient/caregiver.
- Provide education about medication management for patient/caregiver.
- Discuss goals of care and chronic illness model with patient/caregiver.
- Collaborate with case management and social services regarding specific discharge needs.
- Perform follow-up phone calls at 24-48 hours to assess adherence and complications, medication management, patient support, and disease management.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Washington
- Current Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification required within 60 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- 1 year clinical experience
- Experience in providing patient and staff education
- Experience and skills in conflict resolution
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive healthcare experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Case Management
Req ID: 153907