Providence is calling a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Long Term Care-SJR, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Mount St. Vincent in West Seattle, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Act as an advocate for patients in maintaining choice, independence, privacy, dignity and security.
- Provide appropriate patient care as directed by the licensed nurse.
- Assist in providing care and implementing delegated activities of the nursing plan.
- Have responsibility for providing support and assistance to sub-acute patients and long term care residents, which may include those with Alzheimer's and Dementia.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) licensure
- Current listing on Washington Nurse Aide (OBRA) Registry
- Food Handlers Permit (New Hires must obtain within 90 days of hire)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED)
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- At least six-months of nursing assistant experience
- Prior patient care experience in sub-acute, long term care and/or with Alzheimer's or Dementia patients
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Mount St. Vincent is a vibrant, elegant and innovative living care community for primarily older adults that celebrates life, living and individual capability. We are West Seattle's largest employer with nearly 500 employees representing more than 27 countries of origin. "The Mount" is home to more than 400 people who need some type of assistance with daily living or are in need of 24-hour care. Programs offered include assisted living apartments, skilled nursing in specially designed neighborhoods, short-stay sub-acute care, an adult day program and the Intergenerational Learning Center for child care of infants and preschool age children.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 153590