AVP-Business Platform Engineering, Seattle, WA
Providence is calling a Business Platform Engineering Executive to our Digital Innovation Group.
Providence Digital Innovation Group...We're in the disruption business.
We are seeking an enterprise platform leader to build the team and systems portfolio that will accelerate innovation, product development, and service delivery for modernizing healthcare. This role will partner with Product Management, Product Engineering, Software Engineering, Operations, and Information Systems to architect and manage the platforms drive the digital experiences developed by the Digital Innovation Group. http://www.providenceinnovation.org/
Over the past 20 years technology has reshaped a wide variety of industries: retail, travel, logistics, entertainment, news, finance. Now its health care's turn, and you can be a part of it.
Have you ever been to the doctor and wondered why you need to fill out a long questionnaire? On Paper? Have you ever wanted to schedule an appointment with a healthcare provider online, or have a consultation with your doctor from the comfort of your own home, via the web? Have you ever thought to yourself, "Don't they have an app for that," only to discover that they don't in fact have an app for that, or anything for that matter. Here's your chance to do something about it.
Providence Health is looking for an enterprise platform leader to build the team and systems portfolio that will accelerate innovation, product development, and service delivery for the Providence Digital Innovation Group. This role will partner with Product Management, Product Engineering, Software Engineering, Operations, and Information Systems to architect and manage the platforms that underpin the digital experiences developed by the Digital Innovation Group.
We're building a team and a culture that respects the craft of user centered product development and engineering, applying our expertise to problems that really matter.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- You are a talent magnet, you have a track record of finding and developing great talent.
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, have built learning organizations that keep up with the state of the art, and are an example and mentor to your team.
- You have deep technical roots w/ hands on experience architecting, integrating, and customizing business IT platforms. E.g. CRM, CMS, BI, Workflow Automation, Collaboration, Call Center Systems.
- You are an expert at data systems design & integration, understanding data and schema lifecycle at enterprise scale.
- You have a strategic business mind and know how to get to the heart of your customers goals and architect reusable platforms that drive your customer's success.
- You are able to manage risk using a lean build-measure-learn approach that allows customer value to be demonstrated incrementally in order to earn the next investment.
- You obsess over great user experiences and will be a partner across the organization.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
This role will work with executives across Providence on platform strategies and approval for investments in new systems. Will have particular close relationships with Information Systems, Consumer Innovation, Providence Medical Group, and Providence Brand & Marketing teams. He/She will develop external relationships with peer institutions, vendors, and the open source community.
KEY POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Example systems the role may be responsible for: CRM, CMS, Marketing Cloud, BI, Access/Call Center Automation, Collaboration (e.g. Jive, Confluence, Jira), custom apps platforms (e.g. Force.com. PowerApps).
- Our Information Systems (IS) department will own the contracting and operation of these platforms. This role will advise IS on our requirements and guide the pilots, purchase decisions and integration. He/She will own architecture, data/schema/workflow requirements, development, and evolution for some use cases to support Innovation, Customer Digital Experience, and Telehealth.
- This role will hire, develop, and mentor the talent responsible for pilots, architecture, product requirements, BI, data.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 15 experience combined in software development, data architecture, enterprise architecture, technical requirements and system design, and complex systems implementation.
- 7 years leading large scale CRM or marketing cloud (CMS) implementation and evolution or equivalent experience.
- 5 year's technical product/program management, developing solution independent problem statements and using lean iteration to implement solutions that demonstrate measurable customer ROI.
- 7 years developing and implementing enterprise software/data architecture.
- 5 years hands on in software development, database programming, data architecture or equivalent experience.
- Data modeling and schema lifecycle management, extensive use of nosql, semantic triple stores, and/or alternative persistence strategies a plus.
- 5 years leading SDLC using agile and managing technical debt.
- Experience w/ single sign on systems, messaging and queuing systems, and developing APIs using REST.
- Demonstrated experience managing build vs buy analysis and significant experience using open source components and lightweight integration platforms without the need for ESBs or other middleware.
- Experience integrating with audio/video subsystems a plus.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Leadership
Req ID: 146790