Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Medical Assistant in Seattle, WA\.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to administer direct hands\-on patient care under the supervision/direction of a provider\.
This is a part time, 0\.7 FTE, benefits eligible role at our First Hill/Madison location\!
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for patient flow, including preparing patient and assisting with exams, keeping exam rooms stocked and clean, checking equipment daily to ensure that it is functioning accurately\.
- Be responsible for provider support to include assisting the provider with quality support measures, paperwork, patient follow\-up, returning calls and other assigned tasks to meet patients' needs\.
- Perform clerical duties to maintain effective office operations, while continuing to provide support to the provider\.
- Anticipate provider needs and prepares for patient visits including obtaining test results, and health information from outside sources including hospitals\.
- Prepare rooms before visits with proper equipment and supplies\.
- Prep for procedures and assists as needed\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent\.
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assisting \(MA\) or Licensed Practical Nurse \(LPN\) program\.
- Currently licensed to practice in Washington as a certified MA or LPN
- Interim MA Certification accepted upon hire; medical assistant certified credential required within six months of hire\.
- Basic Life Support certification within 1 month of hire\.
- Computer skills: Must be familiar with Outlook, Word and Excel\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years' experience within a medical setting\.
- Ability to use an Electronic Medical Records \(EMR\) system\.
Pacific Medical Center First Hill:
The patient population we care for is culturally and clinically diverse, creating a stimulating and rewarding workplace\. Our strong team environment and mission allow us to provide friendly services that focus on the highest quality patient care\. PacMed's compensation and competitive benefits package will support and enhance a lifelong career\.
The First Hill clinic is conveniently located east of I\-5 in central Seattle\. The clinic offers both primary care \(Internal Medicine\) and numerous areas of specialty care from Audiology to Women's Health\. Services offered at First Hill include ambulatory surgery, cardiovascular and echocardiography labs, infusion therapy, x\-ray, onsite laboratory and pharmacy\. Interpreter services are also available for our patients\.
Seattle is the Pacific Northwest's largest urban center \(metro population 3\.25 million\), with world\-class arts and entertainment, a robust economy and an outstanding school system\. The city hugs magnificent Puget Sound and offers magnificent mountain views to the north, east and south\. Seattleites are famously fond of the outdoors, fresh seafood and good coffee\.
The First Hill clinic is part of Pacific Medical Centers' expanding network of outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area and employing more than 150 providers representing most medical specialties\. Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health & Services, which operates 28 exceptional not\-for\-profit hospitals and more than 350 clinics across the West\. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models\. Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity with Pacific Medical Centers\! Learn more at www\.pacmed\.org/providerjobs \.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high\-quality, patient\-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve\.
Pacific Medical Centers \(PacMed\) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region\. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest\-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long\-term relationship with each patient we serve\. Our personalized, patient\-centric system empowers and provides patientswith freedom and choices to partner in their care\. We provide immediate access to cutting\-edge technology, first\-class facilities and board\-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among "Seattle's Best Doctors\.", PacMed is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees\. We have been honored as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit\-Friendly Worksites Recognition program\.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 153018