The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to lead the automation strategy to support our continuous integration pipeline and delivery systems for our product development organization. We're building a team and a culture that respects the craft of product and software engineering whereby you will provide expertise and leadership to problems that really matter.
In this position you will implement and provide leadership for continuous delivery pipelines to assure all internally developed products are integrated seamlessly into production with the highest level of appropriate testing and automation as part of the software delivery life cycle. Most importantly, you will lead weaving automation into the culture of all product, development, and operations teams. You are state of the art in this domain, and will be our internal expert and thought leader.
What you'll work on:
You will apply your system engineering expertise to improve the health care experience for both patients and providers. The system engineer plays a critical role in developing the Digital Innovation environment at an enterprise level across the organization. You are a self-starter and will be responsible for customer service, troubleshooting, and assisting others with technical solutions. You are passionate and have a desire to keep learning new things. You'll do this in a way that respects team work, diversity of opinion, and maintains our organization's mission (Know Me, Care for Me, Ease My Way), and core values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence and Stewardship.
How you'll be doing this:
- Have a passion for continuous improvement, thrive in and be a leader in organizations that keeps pace with the state of the art, and be an example and mentor to your team.
- Lead the automation platform strategy for the Digital Innovation Group
- Be an expert with agile continuous integration, delivery and DevOps & will champion the culture, processes, and tools required to maintain a frictionless high quality development environment.
- Dive deep into technology and are on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and will help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our team.
- Build strategies to utilize automation to provision and secure infrastructure, software and other technical components that are baked into the orchestration of all software tiers.
- Assist in building, maintaining and debugging state-of-the-art engineering technical approaches and multi-tier cloud applications (IaaS & PaaS) with security best practices enforced.
- Work with management and engineers to ensure systems are in line with overall policies and standards.
- Provide coaching and leadership in automation architecture best practices.
Bring us your expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 4 years of system administration and architecture experience across multiple systems, languages and frameworks.
- 4 years supporting and securing Linux and/or Windows systems in 24x7 production environments.
- 3 plus years scripting and programming experience with technologies such as python, powershell, java, C, php, SQL.
- 1 plus years' experience working with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins or similar technology.
- 1 years of experience supporting Amazon Web Services with tools such as CloudFormation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Beanstalk, EC2, Route 53, etc.
- Expert in designing and maintaining a cloud based highly-available (HA) service-oriented-architecture (SOA) large scale experience preferred.
- Expert in distributed reliability engineering with a solid understanding of application data flow and how it meets system infrastructure.
- Advanced experience working with server and application hardening best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of networking & load balancing protocols.
- Strong experience with Web API technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical solutions at all levels.
- A small but growing team - we're good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy
You'll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Req ID: 152236