Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Accountant \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work for the Clinical Research Center at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA
The Accountant will be responsible for analyzing, preparing, maintaining, and reconciling financial information in an accurate and timely basis for external and internal customers\.
In this position you will:
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations
- Audit research study payables and receivables
- Prepare invoices and ensure appropriate collections
- Analyze data to locate and monitor overdue accounts
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts in order to solicit and ensure payment
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Three years of experience in healthcare or not\-for\-profit experience, or equivalent position specific experience \(e\.g\., grants, foundations, corporate accounting, accounts receivable, treasury\)
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
- Must be able to understand budgets, contract terms, and analyze and interpret data for reasonableness, accuracy, consistency and comparability
- Must posses good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively present information
- Good working knowledge and experience with Excel and Word\. Basic working knowledge of MS Access
The Swedish Center for Research and Innovation\(SCRI\) supports and administers research activities throughout the six Swedish campus locations\. SCRI is one of the leading clinical trial sites in the western United States, and at any given time, there are more than 600 research studies being conducted by Swedish\-affiliated clinicians and other investigators\. In addition to participating in major federally funded programs Swedish physicians are involved in research studies of new treatment approaches for everything from coronary\-artery disease to ovarian cancer to retinopathy\. To support this work, Swedish employs numerous research staff including coordinators, scientists, interviewers and research nurses\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Req ID: 152126