Providence is calling a Retirement Audit & Compliance Analyst to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
We are seeking a Retirement Audit & Compliance Analyst to provide key support to the Director of Retirement by playing a significant role in the areas of analytical support for corporate and retirement- related audits and conduct regular compliance and reconciliation reviews, participate as a key member of the regularly-scheduled audit calls and meetings and create and maintain various analytical reports for the retirement program, including a calendar of events and audit milestones and deliverables. The Analyst is responsible for monitoring Retirement Service Center and Strategic Retirement compliance with policies and procedures. Primary areas of responsibility will include: performing audit reviews, monitoring and communicating critical financial issues, and performing special projects.
In this position you will:
- Identify areas of risk to the organization, and assist in establishing, communicating, and monitoring mitigation plans when and where compliance issues are raised.
- Evaluate and recommend risk mitigation strategies to the retirement management team, and implement strategies as finalized.
- Utilize department computer applications to generate reconciliation and other reports, including but not limited to quarterly reports, and other ad hoc report requests
- Ensure accuracy of data and timeliness of reporting for the system/region/ entity/ division and special projects as assigned.
- Provide query and reporting expertise to facilitate analytical research using Lawson, all retirement applications, SQL and other applications as needed (Hyperion, Strata products, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Develop, draft and recommend to the retirement management team of standard Retirement policies and procedures. Maintains publication changes and recommends updates as necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or Business or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in working with employee retirement benefit plans.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in performing financial and operational audit and compliance functions, with strong preference given to candidates performing such duties with employee retirement benefit plans.
- Proficiency in retirement applications, spreadsheet, database, and graphic software (e.g., Microsoft Office Products: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint; SQL, Crystal Report Writer, etc.)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- CEBS, SPHR, PHR and/or CPA.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Human Resources
Req ID: 150085