Providence is calling a Supervisor On-Site Access (Full Time, Variable Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Supervisor On-Site Access to be responsible for the supervision of the on-site Access Services staff. Hospital Access Services departments facilitate patient, visitor and provider interactions within their ministry including access to both information and care. He or she will be responsible for staff schedules, implementing a standardized approach in line with the vision of ORC and accountable for quality results, staff satisfaction, and patient satisfaction for the ministry. He or she will also oversee and supervise all areas of department operations, and ensure adherence to regulations, facilitating appropriate disaster response, as well as coordination with facility clinical and administrative leadership for processes integrated with Access.
In this position you will:
- Supervise Access staff within responsibility area and develop staff schedules; provide operational on-site 24/7 support for Onsite Access Manager sick and vacation leaves.
- Oversee responsibility of departmental budgets within leadership scope including participation in budget development, approval responsibility and ongoing monitoring for productivity and cost compliance.
- Lead or participate in planning of revenue cycle programs, improvements, service and direction as pertinent to area of responsibility; provide vision, direction and expertise in the analysis and development of programs both within service area and across enterprise
- Implement a standardized approach across facilities in line with the vision of ORC; be an access representative on Service Area wide leadership/steering committees.
- Be accountable for quality results, staff satisfaction, patient satisfaction for Service area; promote interdepartmental collaboration including meeting facilitation, process reviews, problem solving.
- Provide a central escalation and resolution point for facility and patient issues/complaints and contingency/disaster plans.
- Be a compliance/integrity representative for Access ensuring all compliance guidelines/standards are followed including JC, CMS, EMTALA, HIPAA and others.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in a healthcare related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Three (3) plus years overall experience in a healthcare delivery system, including at least 1-2 years' experience in managerial, Supervisory or Lead experience.
- In depth working knowledge of Revenue Cycle processes with emphasis on Front End including Registration, Scheduling and Insurance Verification and reimbursement contracts.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) or Certified Revenue Cycle Professional (CRCP)
- Experience supervising a union population.
- Prior Experience with Epic
- Ability to travel between hospital and clinic locations.
- Ability to work various shifts as you may have to fill in for call outs
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice, in Olympia, Washington, is a home health and hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout Mason, Lewis and Thurston counties in Washington state. Our team brings the Providence tradition of excellence into the home setting, and work together with physicians, patients, family members and insurance providers to meet each patient's unique needs. Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice is a non-profit, state licensed and Medicare certified agency.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 150398