Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Clinical Liaison (Strategy and Business Development, Day shift, 1.0FTE) to Providence Senior and Community Services based within Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position Details: This is a full-time position, Day shift, located in Olympia, WA. Scheduled is 4 days per week, 10 hour shift. This position will cover 1 weekend day. This position is stationed at Providence St. Peter's hospital Care coordination HUB. In collaboration with our existing Clinical Liaison team, this position will coordinate and facilitate hospital to home transitions of care for patients referred to Providence Home Health, Hospice and Infusion.
In this position you will:
- Maintain and build existing referral base relationships by serving as a resource for education and information.
- Evaluate referrals received on hospitalized patient from a variety of care settings for appropriateness for Home Health and Hospice, establishing an interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Assess and evaluate patient needs as appropriate; providing information to patients and their families interested in Home Health and Hospice services.
- Participate, when appropriate, in health care facility care conferences regarding specific patient consult requests.
- Be able to facilitate the initiation of an Infusion referral and other complex Home Health and Hospice referrals as needed.
- Coordinate discharge planning for Home Health and Hospice patients who have been admitted to the hospital and act as a liaison to Ministry staff for smooth transition.
- Accept referrals from hospital discharge planner after they have identified the type of home service needed and coordinate incoming referrals with the Ministry office when completed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Degree in Nursing
- Current Washington State professional licensure or certification as required
- Current Washington State Driver's license
- Current automobile insurance
- Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Three (3) years experience in clinical discipline
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Business development experience
- Previous liaison, marketing or sales experience
- Home health, hospice, and home infusion experience
- Previous experience coordinating care in the healthcare setting
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Marketing / PR / Communications
Req ID: 151800