Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist (Occupational Therapy Dept, Day Shift, Supplemental/On-call) to Providence Marianwood in Issaquah, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Provide initial evaluation in accordance to physician request in order to initiate appropriate treatment.
- Have responsibility for providing therapy to sub-acute patients and long term care residents, which may include those with Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Establish treatment goals and plan of care as well as provide treatment to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability.
- Provide education to residents and their families.
- Utilize software systems for the maintenance of patient records and communication with team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum) and a Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
- Current Occupational Therapy (OT) licensure in Washington State
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in a therapist capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other related medical field
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence Marianwood in Issaquah, Washington compassionately serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in "neighborhoods" and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Occupational Therapy
Req ID: 148205