Swedish is looking for a Pharmacy Technician \(Per Diem, Variable shift\) for the Inpatient Pharmacy at Swedish/Edmonds in Edmonds, Washington\.
The Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacist\(s\) in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist\.
In this position you will:
- Assist licensed pharmacists to formulate, label and dispense medications and other health care products
- Fill and dispense unit dose, IV Admixtures, and/or chemotherapeutic medications under the direction of pharmacists
- Collect & verify patient medication histories
- Perform routine pharmacy work that may include inventory, sterilization and maintaining patient records
- Calculate drug volumes to deliver correct dosages
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Washington state Pharmacy Technician license
- Ability to learn and operate pharmacy distribution software
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in an Inpatient Pharmacy/acute care setting
About the Edmonds Campus\.
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 141132