Providence is calling an on call Social Worker to Providence our Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Unit at St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR.
This position is located in an inpatient setting where patients can be protected while stabilizing medications and other treatments take effect. Our treatment programs help people develop management and coping skills to deal with emotional crises or destructive behaviors. We evaluate the use of medications to help stabilize thought processes, and we provide group support for families, patients and other friends. Our inpatient treatment team treats a wide variety of mental and substance use disorders with safe and compassionate care.
We have social workers in the unit 7 days a week from 8am - 5pm where they are primarily responsible for being a member of the treatment team, supporting the patient and their loved ones while making sure that when the patient is ready to be discharged that they are leaving with a safe and supportive plan.
On call social workers will be typically scheduled in advance to cover planned time off for the other caregivers on the team. On occasion, our on call social workers may receive short notice requests for coverage but are not obligated to provide coverage.
In this position, you will:
- Under direct and continuous supervision, provide comprehensive biopsychosocial/spiritual assessment, diagnosis and/or treatment/interventions/advocacy of patients, and their support systems.
- Incorporate concepts and theories associated with life span development, neurobiology, and behavioral change.
- Collaborate with the patient and support system(s) to develop and implement evidence-informed person-centered care plans across the care continuum in collaboration with the Inter/Multi-Disciplinary Team (IDT).
- Perform duties in a manner that respects patient self-determination that reduces health disparities/barriers to care and adheres to the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) code of ethics, Standards of Practice (SOP), and mission.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Social Work from a Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school of social work, or from a school in candidacy status by the CSWE
- Temporary Clinical Social Work Associates (CSWA) license, or proof of CSWA initiated within 6 months of hire
- Documentation of an approved supervision plan from the Oregon Board
- Must obtain LCSW Board licensure within a maximum of 5 years from CSWA application, or date of hire date as a CSWA
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- 2 years experience in mental health field
- In-patient hospital or residential work
- Healthcare experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 152544