Providence is calling a Emergency Management / Environment of Care Coordinator (0.6 FTE - 24 hours per week, Day Shift) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for planning, leading, organizing and monitoring the hospital's overall Emergency Management Program (EM).
- Act as the hospital's representative in all matters pertaining to emergency preparedness and maintain a close working relationship with pertinent public safety agencies.
- Serve as chair of the hospital's Emergency Preparedness Committee and coordinate all activities of the committee representatives.
- Conduct monthly drills to support the emergency response codes.
- Assist department leaders with their emergency and migration plans as needed.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Montana State Driver's license.
- HAZWOPER certification within 1 year of hire.
- ICS 100, 200, 700 & 800 certifications within 1 year of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IHSS Certified Hospital Protection Administrator.
- Minimum of two years of experience in emergency preparedness and/or safety and/or healthcare management with a strong background in emergency planning.
- Instructor experience.
- Healthcare or EMS/Fire/HAZMAT experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph Medical Center is a 22-bed critical access hospital in beautiful northwest Montana employing nearly 250 employees, including physicians. With expanding services, building renovations and outstanding technology, our community hospital is the heart of medical care in Polson, Montana and the large, sparsely populated surrounding area. We have close ties to St. Patrick Hospital, Providence's tertiary center located 66 miles away in Missoula.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Facilities / Engineering
Req ID: 152753