Providence is calling for a Dispatcher (0.0 FTE, Variable Shift) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montanta. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
**Please note that this position is on-call with no guarantee of hours.
In this position you will:**
- Dispatch inter-facility patient transport teams, Security Officers, emergency Maintenance Crews, the Hospital Shuttle Service, Housekeeping and non-emergent ambulance transport teams for the Missoula Emergency Services, Inc. 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Be responsible for continual monitoring of multiple emergency alarm systems and an intricate network of video surveillance equipment to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff.
- Answer phone and Vocera calls from all departments within the hospital as well as calls originating from outside the facility.
- From 11:30pm to 6:30am, also serve as the hospital's switchboard operator.
- Serve as a critical communications hub for the Western Montana Region in the event of a hospital or community disaster.
- Monitor the Nurse Call patient communication system and advises clinical staff of patient requests. A component of the Nurse Call system is linked to the Code Blue emergency notification which is utilized by the Dispatcher to dispatch the Code Blue Team to specific locations throughout the hospital.
- Serve as the emergency communications center for emergency. communications during a utility failure, security response, internal disaster or an external emergency or prolonged disaster.
Required Qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED) equivalent
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year prior emergency dispatching experience
- Health care or emergency services dispatching experience
About the department you will serve:
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Security
Req ID: 154513