Providence is calling a Primary Care Registered Nurse to the Long Term Care Center at Providence Seward Mountain Haven in Seward, AK.
Providence Seward Mountain Haven is the first long term care facility in Alaska to implement the Green House® project. What does this mean, you ask? The Green House® project means that each lodge will meet and maintain key standards, including small size, home layout, advanced staff training and low caregiver ratio (5:1). Seward Mountain Haven includes 4-lodges, each housing 10-Elders who are able to live healthier and happier lives because of the Green House® project. Our Caregiver teams are self-managed and have consistent staffing. Nestled against Iron Mountain, in Seward, AK, it is a great home for the Elders to live out their later years!
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will:
- Be in charge of resident care for a specific group of Elders, to include, supervision of team members including Shahbazim.
- Coordinate referrals to other members of the clinical support team, families and physicians.
- Serve as the point of contact for Elder information.
- Be accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their assigned Elders and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning implementation, evaluation).
- Perform all duties in a manner that respects and supports the family centered care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska at time of hire.
- Proficiency in medication administration.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six (6) months nursing experience in a health care facility including acute care, long term care, and/ or a rehabilitation center.
- Ability to become proficient in IV therapy within scope of practice according to licensure.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Supervision/leadership experience.
About Mountain Haven
Providence Mountain Haven is the first Green House® home in Alaska, which is includes 4-lodges, each with 10-Elders. Teams are self-managed, have consistent staffing, and have strong patient to caregiver ratio. Caregivers typically have 5:1 patient ratio and work 12-hour shifts. Nestled against Iron Mountain, in Seward, AK, it is a great home for Elders to live out their later years! http://alaska.providence.org/locations/psmh/Pages/default.aspx
About the Ministry
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 150525