Providence is calling a Radiology Technologist to the Radiology Department at Providence Seward Medical Center in Seward, AK
Perform Radiologic exams using a variety of equipment. Works on-call rotation to meet needs of department after regular business hours.
In this position you will:
- Performs a variety of technical procedures according to department, hospital and national standards.
- Be responsible for accurately completing records, daily quality assurance and improvement information, and meeting regulatory standards.
- Calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot equipment. Optimize equipment and supplies to benefit department operations.
- Communicate with physicians, nurses and other members of the team concerning patient status, diagnosis, samples for testing or related information.
- Coordinate scheduling of diagnostic examinations within department and with referral entities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an AMA approved training program for Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT registered or eligible; if eligible, must obtain ARRT licensure within one (1) year of hire date.
- Ability to work with a variety of people to include patients and their representatives, other staff, physicians and office staff, vendors and regulatory personnel.
- Physical ability to transport equipment to and from patient's bedside.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
About Providence Seward Medical Center
Providence Seward Medical and Care Center is a 6-bed critical access hospital and 40-bed long term care facility providing quality health care to residents and visitors. Our team of physicians, nurses, and support staff deliver compassionate, quality care to all patients. We care for the patients ranging from infants to the elderly with services including, primary care, emergency, inpatient, swing bed, lab, radiology, therapies and nursing home care.
Located only 125 miles south of Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing and hiking.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 150323