Providence is calling a Patient Navigator to Social Services at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
The patient navigator will collaborate closely with the medical social worker and the multidisciplinary discharge planning team to provide comprehensive navigation services to patients, families and the community at large.
In this position you will:
- Greet patients, residents, families and visitors. Answer telephones and refer calls to appropriate persons. Maintain a daily log of all contact with patients, residents, clients, family members and agencies.
- Serve as a liaison to patients and their families who are sent outside of Kodiak for medical attention. Assist patients with travel arrangements as needed and maintain knowledge of travel assistance programs and their application process.
- Ensure smooth, efficient clinic services and maximize comfort and confidentiality for the patient. Anticipate and prioritize workflow and adjust work assignments to prevent delays and meet workflow demands.
- Update and maintain available resource files. Maintain knowledge of current residential treatment facilities for substance abuse and mental health and their application process; local resources for food, shelter, low cost housing and rental assistance; and PKIMC's Financial Assistance, Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security Disability insurances to assist patients/residents in need.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current Alaska driver's license with clean driving record and proof of current vehicle insurance
- Two (2) years of experience in customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associates degree in Human Services or related field
- One (1) year clinical experience
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island.
This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, two psychiatric care beds and two ICU beds. In addition, the Care Center, PKIMC's extended care facility, has 19 long-term care beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy.
It is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 152639