Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist to Providence Home Health Care in Anchorage, AK. (Part-time) - Enjoy work/life balance with this part time opportunity.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The Occupational Therapist will assess, plan, implement, and evaluate occupational therapy services within the guidelines established by the American Occupational Therapy Association. Daily therapy is performed under the order of a physician licensed in the State of Alaska.
In this position you will:
- Assess, evaluate, and implement treatment according to professional standards.
- Provide direction and guidance to others as they follow through on the plan of care.
- Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify patient needs and overall condition of patient; anticipates future levels of care.
- Document all aspects of care and outcomes in a manner that is clear to others, and meets service standards.
- Plan for patient discharge with attention given to home programs, equipment arrangement, and patient/family education.
- Delegate appropriate patient activities to co-workers, O.T. Assistants, and O.T. Aides using professional criteria.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's, Masters or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy.
- Current license to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of Alaska.
- Ability to work independently and with team.
- Ability to instruct para-and non-professional staff.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years in subspecialty.
About Providence Home Health
Providence Home Health is proud to be the oldest and largest home health in the state. We've built a reputation for high quality care and positive relationships with both our clients and their doctors. At Providence, it's our people who make the difference. In addition to our staff's knowledge, experience and professionalism, it's perhaps our friendly, caring manner you'll appreciate most. We love working with people – and it shows in the quality of care and attention you'll receive.
Please contact Rachel Brown for more information: Rachel.Brown@providence.org
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Occupational Therapy
Req ID: 150209