Providence is calling an Occupational Therapist to the Providence Transitional Care Center in Anchorage, AK. Full-time - day shift. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The Occupational Therapist will assess, plan, implement, and evaluate occupational therapy services within the guidelines established by the American Occupational Therapy Association. Daily therapy is performed under the order of a physician licensed in the State of Alaska.
In this position you will:
- Assess, evaluate, and implement treatment according to professional standards.
- Communicate with team members and outside agencies to identify patient needs and overall condition of the patient; anticipate future level of care.
- Document all aspects of care an outcome in a manner that is clear to others and meets service standards.
- Delegate appropriate patient activities to co-workers, O.T. Assistants, and O.T. Aides using professional criteria.
- Exhibit clinical skills relevant to level of education and training in respective specialty.
- Provide patient and family education in a variety of physical settings.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's, Masters or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy
- License to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of Alaska
- Ability to work independently and with team
- Ability to instruct para-and non-professional staff
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two(2) years in subspecialty
About the Transitional Care Neighborhood
The Transitional Care Unit has a total of 52 beds with a variety of health rehabilitation issues (ages 20 and up). This is an exciting, busy unit with constant change, many admits, discharges.
Please contact Rachel Brown for more information: Rachel.Brown@providence.org
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Occupational Therapy
Req ID: 154451