Providence is calling a Hemophilia Nurse Coordinator - RN to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
We are seeking a Hemophilia Nurse Coordinator – RN to be accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their patients with bleeding disorders and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning implementation, evaluation). Is responsible for the assessment, treatment and care of patients in populations and ages as assigned. The Hemophilia Nurse Coordinator promotes professional development as an integral part of the nursing practice.
In this position you will:
- Possess knowledge of developmental needs and competent in the assessment and treatment for adult and pediatric patients with bleeding disorders.
- Consistently demonstrate and promote safe patient care practices: (i.e. Hand washing/Patient ID, Communication, Reduction of infection risks, Medication Safety & Reconciliation, No Preventable Deaths/Injuries, Inclusion of patients/families concerns and access to healthcare team.)
- Collaborate with the patient, family and members of the healthcare team; develops, documents, implements and monitors an individualized plan of care which reflects a standard of care based on best practice and evidence-based medicine.
- Promote awareness of nursing management of those with bleeding and clotting disorders through inservice within and outside facility; assists with and/or provides education for non-hematology health care providers regarding bleeding disorders; maintains a relevant library of educational resources related to bleeding and clotting disorders.
- Provide community and patient education on local and national stage by participating at Alaska Hemophilia Association and National Hemophilia Foundation sponsored seminars.
- Seek out and participate in continuing education and professional development opportunities specific to the bleeding and clotting disorder community as well as general nursing.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- Minimum three (3) years Registered Nurse experience with pediatric and adult populations affected by bleeding disorders. Venipuncture and central line experience.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska! Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 145625