Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to the Forensic Nursing Services Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE) is responsible for providing the comprehensive medical-forensic examination adult and adolescent patients reporting a history of interpersonal violence, such as sexual assault or domestic violence, including victims and suspects.
In this position, you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of quality nursing care to this population according to the individualized needs of the patient by utilizing the nursing process, approved scope and standards, and in accordance with the Alaska Nurse Practice Act.
- Assess and analyze patient information and history with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, cultural, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process.
- Function within an environment of crisis involving sensitive issues, often in conjunction with physical trauma, psychological trauma, and substance use.
- Work in collaboration with law enforcement and advocacy agencies to provide quality services to all clients who present for care.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- One (1) year of Registered Nurse experience.
- Variable schedule to meet department needs.
- Ability to work on-call, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current certification of completion of 40 hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) training.
About Forensic Nursing Services
Forensic Nursing Services of Providence involves working directly with patients who are reporting a history of interpersonal violence such as sexual assault and domestic violence. Dedication to multidisciplinary teamwork is essential as members of FNSP collaborate with law enforcement investigators and rape crisis advocates to meet the broad range of needs of the patients.
There is no cost to the patient for any of the services provided at FNSP. We are the only service provider for medical-forensic exams in the Anchorage and MatSu region. Responding to patients is the bulk of our work. We are available for community outreach and education as often as asked in an effort to increase prevention of interpersonal violence as well as to train health care providers from communities who do not have established forensic nursing programs.
FNSP is a nurse run department with minimal physician oversight. Our medical director collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager to ensure that our policies, procedures, and guidelines are up to date. The director also provides quality assurance reviews of medical-forensic exams and is available over the phone for case consult as needed.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 149296