Providence is calling a Clinical Research Associate to Research Support Services at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Clinical Research Associate will be responsible for the registration, compilation and submission of data, monitoring of study compliance and maintaining a system for perpetuation of effective data management.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with research nurses, physicians, and other caregivers to identify appropriate study candidates. Assist research nurse with consenting study participants to clinical trials. Register protocol patients in appropriate statistical centers. Document according to regulatory trials and departmental standards.
- Prepare and submit study specific regulatory documents to IRB as well as prepare and submit annual, quarterly, and other intermittent reviews to IRB. Monitor all study group data sources for updates and changes; initiate timely communication and revisions as appropriate.
- Coordinate implementation of protocol treatment and follow-up. Coordinate diagnostic, surgical and other procedures or physical exams specific to the study. Collect, record, submit and manage data. Obtain and submit reports to study groups.
- Coordinate tumor and other specimen collection and submission specific to study adhering to applicable shipping federal guidelines.
- Evaluate protocol study forms for completeness, accuracy and compliance to protocol. Seek assistance and clarification from Research Nurse if needed. Perform consistency checks, error edits, and monitor timeliness of data submission as assigned.
- Assist research team with administrative support as required.
- Collaborate with Research Compliance Coordinator on research billing.
- Assure ongoing compliance with all IRB and department policies for regulatory documentation of research processes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) or Certified Research Associate (CRA) OR acquired within two (2) years of hire.
- Human Research Subject Protection Course completion within three (3) months of employment.
- Experience managing complex data.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree.
- One (1) year experience in health care field.
- Two (2) years administrative, data management or directly related experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience building and managing databases.
- Experience in Health Information Services.
- Competent in use of office software to include Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience using Electronic Medical Records (EMR) such as EPIC.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Research
Req ID: 151761