Providence is calling a Reporting Workbench Administrator to Providence Health & Services in Richland WA, Renton WA, Spokane WA, Portland OR, Missoula MT, Anchorage AK and Burbank CA.
We are seeking a Reporting Workbench Administrator to be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the Epic Reporting Workbench and MyEpic (Radar) reporting solutions. This position is also responsible for collaborating with Clarity and System Administrators, Report Analysts, and Application Analysts to accomplish Healthcare Intelligence Reporting and Data objectives and to ensure that every potential user of data has appropriate, timely, and architecturally sound access to data for their reporting and data analysis need. This position plays a key supporting role for availability of all Epic Hyperspace reporting and data extracts.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Configure, implement, and maintain Reporting Workbench and Radar security across the enterprise, create templates, setup report groups and other reporting settings. Work with application report liaisons and key reporting consumers to ensure that reporting security is configured correctly.
- Develop processes, procedures and standards for the daily management of the Epic Reporting Workbench across the enterprise.
- Design and document the general functional requirements and create detailed technical specifications for Reporting Workbench and Radar reports. Provide technical direction, guidance and assistance during project development and accomplishes all required formal sign-offs.
- Work closely with Epic application reporting liaisons and report analysts to select and validate appropriate technological solution for reporting needs.
- Maintain existing Reporting Workbench and Radar reports and analyzes/evaluates requirements for new modified reports/databases.
- Troubleshoot complex issues specific to Workbench. Applies technical expertise to ensure that reports function correctly and efficiently, pull the correct data elements and meet the data consumer's needs.
- Facilitate use of Epic Crystal Integration with Reporting Workbench when necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Services, Database Development, Database Administration or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 4 years of experience in a healthcare setting or related field
- 2 years of Epic (build) report writing and data analysis experience
- Experience with Reporting Workbench, Crystal reports, or other healthcare industry standard report writing tools.
- Knowledge of client/server and host-based systems or desktop computer operating systems.
- Knowledge of Epic environment and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of database structures, data definitions, and data relationships.
- Knowledge of HL7/EDI standards, client/server technology.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of applications and integrated tools used to complete the business cycle.
- Knowledge of client/server and host-based systems or desktop computer operating systems..
- Proficient in complex troubleshooting and problem solving, performing root cause analysis on development and production support related issues.
- Proficiency in UNIX and/or KB-SQL
- Ability to independently prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and manage moderately complex projects.
- Understanding of key business processes and ability to identify opportunities for improvement and develop solutions.
- Communicates own ideas clearly 1:1 and in groups and understands meeting structure & dynamics.
- Ability to create functional requirement and/or technical specification documentation and convey technical information, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to document systems processes and procedures
- Ability to apply highly developed analytical capabilities to solve complex issues.
- Strong analytical, organization, time management, project management, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to analyze, define, and resolve complex technical problems.
- Ability to acquire knowledge through research or self-training where needed for effective implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to establish and achieve goals and maintain timelines.
- Ability to prepare detailed implementation and test plans.
- Participate in workgroups with other team members to address areas such as standards or process development.
- Ability to travel across Providence facilities as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and learn quickly with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret extensive variety of technical instruction and deal with complex variables.
- Ability to establish a consulting relationship with internal and external customers and maintain their trust and support.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with Relational Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, or Microsoft Access.
- Epic Reporting Workbench and/or Radar certification.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Information Technology
Other Location(s): Oregon-Portland, Alaska-Anchorage, Washington-Spokane Valley, California-Burbank, Montana-Missoula, Washington-Renton
Req ID: 150102