| Develop IFRS9 compliant credit risk models for the Retail banking book. |
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop new, maintain and enhance retail scorecards (application, behaviour, collections/recovery, etc) and IFRS9 models.
- Able to conduct validation of scorecard performance, PD, LGD, and EAD models
- Work with other members of the credit risk team to utilize and integrate credit scorecards into IFRS9 models
- Support the implementation of scorecards and IFRS9 models through review of model engine enhancement, UAT and deployment
- Monitor and analyze scorecard and IFRS 9 model performance.
- Liaison with business functions, credit approval, collections and other related functions to drive use, monitor overrides, analyze new requirements and feedback on existing models
- Develop and maintain scorecard documentation, policies and procedures
- Conduct periodic training, research and development of new models, methodologies and scorecard/model business usage
- Provide consultation support to the country risk teams.
Qualifications and Skills
Academic and Professional Background
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Math, Operations Research or other related field (Masters a plus)
- Experienced in scorecard development, maintenance and validation experiences in a banking environment.
- Good understanding of Credit Risk for the retail portfolio and retail banking products.
- Proficient statistical programming skills in SAS (and other statistical software a plus), strong analytical skills and understanding of quantitative and statistical analysis. Strong experience with: DATA step data manipulation with arrays, do-loops, and merges; SAS Macro language, SAS/GRAPH, PROC SQL experience.
- Experience in data manipulation, data mining and understanding of relational databases
- Experience with statistical modeling and analytic techniques such as OLS and logistic regression, univariate and multivariate statistical analysis, CART and/or CHAID.
- Excellent knowledge of banking risk management (Basel and IFRS 9 plus).
- Proficiency in MS Word, advanced MS Excel, database software and SQL language
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical thought leadership and problem solving
- Able to creatively apply analytical solutions to business problems
- Able to manage multiple concurrent projects effectively
- Solid written and verbal communication ability, including the ability to put together clear, concise, and accurate reports and e-mail communication
- Quick learner with strong interest in risk management and desire to acquire the knowledge and understanding of credit modeling, analytics, Basel II capital reporting and IFRS 9 financial reporting.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.