| New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico. |
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Inforce Service & Operations division provides customer service to over 12,000 agents and 3.5 million clients for life insurance, annuities, and NYLife Securities sold through our agent distribution channel. We also handle claims processing for life insurance and annuity products as well as new business service for NYLIFE Securities and MainStay. The division is responsible for over 30 million touch points with customers each year through our different service channels, including over the phone, via our correspondence, online, through the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system, and more.
New York Life is seeking a leader who is a forward thinking proactive problem solver to run a new blended inbound and outbound call center in our Dallas office. The Corporate Vice President will oversee four managers who collectively lead 60 customer service representatives. Key responsibilities are to develop, direct and lead the call center to achieve business objectives.
- Drives performance by managing to milestones, proactively takes initiative to identify opportunities and create an execution plan to achieve results.
- Own the development of manager and CSR performance and create coaching plans that focus on leveraging strengths while identifying improvement opportunities.
- Successfully demonstrate a strong customer focus and resolve the needs of clients, sales agents, and internal stakeholders leading to best in class customer service.
- Develop and refine team guidelines and ensure consistency with interpretation of guidelines across management ranks to drive high quality and high performance.
- Preserve and contribute towards a collaborative and highly engaged team culture where all employees are working together towards the greater good, rewarded for strong accomplishments, and coached effectively to address opportunities.
- Accountable for overall manager performance goals and proactively creates action plans and works with managers after analyzing findings and trends.
- Report monthly on team performance relative to goals, trends, strengths and opportunities and articulate action plans based on findings.
- A minimum of 5 years of call center management experience required, insurance experience highly preferred.
Industry recognized course and designations such as LOMA or call center designations highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required (Economics, Business, or Engineering preferred)
- Master's degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills, business planning, operations and project management skills
- Must have the necessary drive and ability to lead change to implement initiatives
- Exceptional track record developing and delivering learning strategies and initiatives
- Excellent coaching and development skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Publisher and Excel; willingness to learn new tools
- Demonstrated experience in a call center capacity with the ability to manage real time monitoring and respond to time sensitive issues with well thought out action plans.
- Experience managing in a blended inbound/outbound call environment preferred.
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a call center environment where unit performance has a direct tie into company top line performance.
Experience working in a new business environment within an insurance company preferred.
- Previous experience managing front line managers.
Able to accomplish objectives through the work of managers and front line employees, strong ability to coach and motivate.
Able to operate in a very fluid, ever changing environment and successfully meet objectives.
- Takes team objectives and provides a framework for managers to clearly understand the specific actions that need to happen to support objectives. Create milestones for team and manages to milestones. Reports on progress.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to leverage Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to create deliverables that clearly articulate findings and recommendations.
- Able to speak effectively to multiple levels of the organization with authenticity.
Competitive base salary, plus bonus eligibility
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.