Santa Rosa Junior College
DENTAL HYGIENE FACULTY
Opening Date/Time: Thu. 05/11/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: 06/13/17
Salary: $62,829.00 - $87,084.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: SRJC Santa Rosa Campus: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, California
Department: Health Sciences
FILING DEADLINE: Tuesday, June 13, 2017
It is the candidate's responsibility to be sure that ALL required materials are submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the filing deadline to be given consideration.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary Range: $62,829-$87,084 (2016/17 Faculty Salary Schedule); teaching experience, other related professional experience, and academic degrees determine salary placement on a schedule that is competitive with other California Community Colleges
- Fringe benefits: The District offers a competitive benefit package which includes health & welfare (medical/dental/vision/life/long-term disability) benefits for employees and eligible dependents
- Housing Assistance: Reduced fees for mortgage loans and real estate services may be available to the candidate selected for this position (contact Human Resources for more information).
Santa Rosa Junior College is seeking an individual with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and instructional administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly, our students. This is a full-time, regular contract position in the Health Sciences Department at Santa Rosa Junior College, beginning Fall Semester, August 2017. Appointments are contingent upon funding and Board approval.
The SRJC dental hygiene program was started in 1999 with the construction of the William B. Race Health Science Facilities. There has been a successful dental assisting program since the early 1960s. The Allied Dental Programs have 4 full-time faculty and numerous adjunct faculty who have great enthusiasm for teaching. The facilities in the Race building include a state-of-the art 18-chair dental hygiene clinic, 6-chair radiography area, and 6 chair dental assisting clinic. Each classroom is equipped with a modern computer and presentation technology. The majority of clinical experiences take place in the Dental Hygiene clinic of the Race Health Science building, there are some clinical experiences in a variety of facilities and agencies throughout the county. The program attracts excellent students and has outstanding graduates. The faculty are knowledgeable clinicians with a dedication to teaching. The dental program is valued by the college and the community as a resource for educating exceptional dental assistants and dental hygienists.
Examples of Duties:
The Allied Dental Program is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic instructor as lead first year clinical dental hygiene coordinator with the possibility of additional assignments in second year dental hygiene and didactic dental hygiene course responsibilities. Candidates for this position must have excellent dental hygiene clinical skill, and outstanding organizational, communication and facilitation abilities. Expertise in process, end product and competency evaluation is required. We are seeking an individual who is flexible and who communicates well with students and faculty and is able to effectively establish and maintain working relationship with supervising personnel, co-workers, dental hygiene clinical faculty and the public.
SRJC offers courses at two campuses, located in Santa Rosa and Petaluma, as well as multiple satellite locations within the district, including on-line. While this assignment is for the Santa Rosa campus, please note the district reserves the right of assignment to any location, and that assignments could involve any combination of day or evening classes with weekly office hours being mandatory. Instructors assume responsibility for maintaining currency in the field, for updating existing courses and developing new curricula (including courses that serve community needs, such as short, non-credit, or online courses), assisting in the assessment of student learning outcomes, participating in department activities and other college service such as committee work, managing laboratories, and participating in community outreach on behalf of the college.
- Graduation from an American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation dental hygiene program with a Bachelor's degree* AND 2 years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience as a registered dental hygienist; OR
- Graduation from an American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation School of Dentistry AND two years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience as a dentist; OR
- The equivalent. If you do not possess the minimum qualifications, exactly as listed above, you must file for equivalency. If claiming equivalency, applicants are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of application; AND
- Current licensure in California as a registered dental hygienist or a dentist (as appropriate) AND clinical competency in all dental hygiene procedures; AND
- Current clinical competency and knowledge of the specific subjects taught in the clinic; AND
- Documented background in educational methodology consistent with the teaching assignment;
- Sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of the SRJC students.
*Bachelor's degree or 120 semester units, all semester or equivalent units must be earned from a regionally accredited postsecondary educational institution. At minimum, all coursework taken must satisfy general education requirement for the AA degree at Santa Rosa Junior College.Preferred:
- An earned Master's degree or in progress Master's degree coursework from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of dental hygiene curriculum and Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) and Dental Hygiene Committee of California (DHCC) standards.
- Commitment to core dental assisting/dental hygiene curriculum
- Ability to incorporate technology into curriculum delivery
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience and/or willingness to teach online if classes are offered
If you do not possess the minimum qualifications exactly as stated above, you must file for equivalency. If claiming equivalency, applicants are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of initial application.
In order to be given consideration for this pool, applicants must submit the following documents by the filing deadline:
- A completed Santa Rosa Junior College Employment Application and responses to Agency-wide Questions. Please note that contact information is required for a minimum of three references.
- If you do not meet the minimum qualifications exactly as stated, you must complete and attach the Equivalency Application and supporting documents to your Employment Application -Faculty/Adjunct Faculty Equivalency Application. Information on SRJC Faculty Equivalency Procedures can be found at Board Policy 4.3.2bP.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position, including how you meet the requirements and are qualified to perform the duties as listed in the "Position Description" section of this announcement.
- Current Resume.
- Transcripts of all college level course work, including confirmation of degrees (unofficial copies acceptable (both sides), but official transcripts must be submitted prior to hiring). If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- If applicable, copy of California Community College Credential (both sides).
- Proof of California licensure as a Registered Dental Hygiene; OR Proof of California licensure as a Dentist.
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
Following the priority filing deadline, applications which are complete for screening will be reviewed by a screening committee. Approximately 2-3 weeks later, Human Resources will notify you whether or not you have been selected for interview. Those applicants most suitably qualified for the position/pool will be invited to interview with a Screening Committee. The Screening Committee may include representatives from the Faculty, the Administration, the Classified Staff, the Associated Students, and the Board of Trustees.
If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Human Resources Department.
CAMPUS DESCRIPTIONS (click here)
STRATEGIC PLANNING (click here)
MORE ABOUT SRJC HUMAN RESOURCES
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1988 Armory Drive
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE: (707) 527-4954
FAX: (707) 527-4967
The office is located in the Button Building on the Santa Rosa campus. All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Must be fingerprinted and have background clearance (at applicant's expense); and
- Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).
Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Jeanne Clery Disclosure)
Sonoma County Junior College District's annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Sonoma County Junior College District; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can read or obtain a full copy of this report by going to https://police.santarosa.edu/. Paper copies of the full report are available upon request by contacting Police Department Records at (707) 527-4963 or by coming to the Sonoma County Junior College District Police Department located at 2032 Armory Drive, Pedroncelli Center, Santa Rosa Campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position/assignment. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the District mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.
The Sonoma County Junior College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnic group identification, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic condition, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its policies, procedures or practices; nor does the District discriminate against any employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their age. This non-discrimination policy covers admission, access and treatment in District programs and activities--including but not limited to academic admissions, financial aid, educational services and athletics--and application for District employment.
The Sonoma County Junior College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/santarosajc
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency