The American Land Title Association seeks a creative and dynamic team player with public policy, public affairs, and/or legal experience to fill the position of a full-time Director of Public Policy.
The Director of Public Policy shapes and advances ALTA’s policy agenda with federal, state, and local policymakers. Working with the entire Government Affairs team, the Director will identify opportunities to alter public policy to advance the interests of the title insurance and real estate settlement services industry.
Primary responsibilities include: researching and writing about policy issues, developing public policy position and lobbying materials, preparing and presenting testimony, and helping to identify and mobilize coalition partners. S/he will assist the communications and grassroots team in developing internal and external messaging on policy positions. The director will serve as a primary coordinator for several ALTA member committees, and help in the coordination of teleconferences and meetings of these committees.
The Director represents ALTA before legislative and executive branch agencies at the federal, state, and local levels, participates as a speaker at industry conferences, and handles press and other media inquiries as needed. The Director will work under the supervision of the Senior Counsel and in close collaboration with other management staff. S/he is expected to travel throughout the country as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research public policy issues impacting ALTA members
- Develop ALTA public policy positions
- Prepare lobbying and other advocacy or public affairs materials
- Track and analyze legislation
- Draft testimony for association leadership
- Draft legislative proposals
- Represent ALTA before federal, state, and local policymakers
- Coordinate with other related interest groups
- Serve as a resource for membership on legislative and regulatory compliance
- Act as primary staff liaison for ALTA committees
- Manage part time staff and interns as needed
- Represent ALTA and the industry at industry-related conferences and events
- Develop new tools and products for membership
- Represent the industry at events, conferences, and trainings across the country
Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Counsel
Employee Benefits Overview
Job satisfaction is sweetened by the extraordinary benefits ALTA provides to its employees. The package includes single and family options for healthcare, vision, and dental, plus life, short- and long-term disability insurances for our employee. Eligibility to participate in the 401k program begins after 6 months, where ALTA matches a percentage of an employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 4%. A profit-sharing plan rounds out the financial benefits, and a $50 monthly phone credit is the cherry on the top.
ALTA is pleased to provide its employees with time to relax and rejuvenate with 24 days of Paid Time Off and 2 personal days annually, plus 10 paid holidays per year, complimentary access to the on-site gym, and quarterly staff outings. We offer professional development opportunities and paid membership in the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE).
We offer a modern office stocked with refreshments in a great location in the Golden Triangle Business District, close to 3 Metro stations. With a promote-from-within culture, employees are encouraged to develop their professional skill-set with ALTA. Here you can make an impact by connecting people, helping an industry that protects your property rights, and contribute to developing better informed consumers. You have a future here. Come and grow with us!