Setting the Standard for Exceptional Care
For over eighty years, Silver Hill Hospital has been at the forefront of psychiatry and leading the way in providing the best treatment for psychiatric illnesses and addiction. Our track record of success is based on a carefully executed team effort, one that uses an array of powerful tools, talent and knowledge to help people turn their lives around.
Clinical Performance Improvement Manager
We currently have a full time opportunity available for a Performance Improvement Manager.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Daily management of the Risk+ system incident reporting system, including incident follow up and development of reports and queries for QI and other departments.
- Conducting environmental rounds.
- Maintaining statistical reports/analysis presented to EoC, IC, QC and Board level committees.
- Supporting Director in adverse event investigation and corrective action.
- Participating in insurance renewal and Managed Care re-credentialing processes.
- Participating in targeted performance improvement task force activities and corrective actions.
- Assisting in preparation (tracers, audits, education) for onsite regulatory surveys.
- Acting as Chapter leader for Patient Rights standards chapter assuring compliance in all areas.
- Assisting Director with annual ICM report to TJC including scoring own Patient Rights chapter, assistance to other chapter leaders, final auditing and scoring, crafting of corrective actions, monitoring measures of success data.
- Participating in the clinical pertinence audit activities as assigned.
- Co-leading monthly QI/RM/Regulatory/ Compliance/Patient Rights orientation for new hires, as well as all other training re: risk and quality hospital wide.
- Performing patient advocacy including acting as point person for written, phone and in person complaints; investigating and crafting response to same; supporting clinical and non-clinical staff dealing with complainant; maintaining complaints in Risk+ and reporting identified trends; flagging to director all issues that may rise to the level of lawsuit or regulatory report; acting as resource to staff for all patient rights activities – advance directives, disability assistance, language interpreters.
- Acting as leader in our customer service initiative with primary responsibility for service recovery activity, rounding assignments, Silver Star winner process, recognition activities, staff training and all other aspects of the program.
Qualified candidates are required to be a clinician and have an LCSW or a BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) and experience with Quality Improvement and Risk Management. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational and computer skills are required. Experience in a behavioral health setting is preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. To apply online, please visit the hospital website at www.silverhillhospital.org and select About Silver Hill/Career Opportunities.
Silver Hill Hospital
208 Valley Road, New Canaan, CT. 06840