Associate Vice President & Chief Development Officer
Beaufort Memorial Hospital
Beaufort Memorial Hospital is seeking a talented professional to lead and oversee its Foundation. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Associate Vice President & Chief Development Officer will be responsible for the planning and implementation of programs, projects and activities designed to seek, receive and administer charitable contributions to the Beaufort Memorial Hospital healthcare system.
The Associate VP and CDO (CDO) has primary responsibility for strategic, financial and staff management of the Foundation, as well as for ongoing and special campaign fund development goals. The CDO also has responsibility for board development and management and represents the Foundation on the BMH senior management team. This position plays a key role in representing BMH and the Foundation to the community and BMH constituents and stakeholders.
About Beaufort Memorial Hospital
Beaufort Memorial, a not-for-profit hospital founded in 1944 on the banks of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway, is licensed for 197 beds (169 acute, 14 rehabilitation and 14 mental health). We are an acute-care hospital, a regional referral center and the largest medical facility between Savannah, Ga., and Charleston, S.C.
Our mission is to deliver superior healthcare services to our patients and to improve the health of our community.
About Beaufort Memorial Hospital Foundation
Our foundation encourages charitable support and oversees the management of charitable funds to benefit Beaufort Memorial Hospital. Our trustees are community volunteers dedicated to helping the Beaufort area offer the finest healthcare possible. Working with the hospital, the foundation helps address current and future funding needs.
Our mission is to enable Beaufort Memorial to serve current and future health needs of the community. Be a catalyst for fostering health and wellness.
Principal duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide strategic leadership and management oversight of Foundation activity to raise philanthropic funds in support of Beaufort Memorial Hospital.
- Direct the design and management of a comprehensive and effective program of fund development.
- Direct a collaborative process of strategic planning to result in the development of strategic goals and operational plans for fund development. Set performance standards for all areas of annual, major and planned gifts; for grateful patient strategies and for donor stewardship and communication.
- Manage staff in the fulfillment of their roles and responsibilities; act as a mentor and coach.
- Partner effectively with members of the BMH and Foundation Boards of Trustees, and other volunteers working on behalf of BMH and BMHF.
- Facilitate Board members in defining, communicating, and fulfilling their roles of governance, advocacy, charitable giving, recruitment, committee work and various roles to advance philanthropy including prospect identification, cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship.
- Manage annual board recruitment process to bring qualified members to the Board.
- Fulfill all responsibilities required of a BMH executive and department head.
- Represent the Foundation and the philanthropic process on the BMH Senior Executive staff.
- Engage Executive Staff in giving, identifying strategically aligned funding priorities that support key BMH initiatives and partnering with Foundation staff to work with donors and to secure support.
- Represent the Foundation and Senior Management on assigned committees.
- Establish and monitor administrative policies and procedures to maintain fiscal accountability and control, efficiency of operations, and compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Support Foundation Board Investment Committee in fulfillment of its fiduciary responsibility.