Note: Applications must be received by Midnight on the closing date stated for the position, _06/30/2017____.
Applications must be submitted via On-Line Application at the Maricopa Community Colleges' website:
- Completed Online Application (required)
- Cover Letter with Resumé/vita (upload) (required)
Cover Letter and Resumé must be uploaded into the online Application (follow prompts within the Application). The application and cover letter/resumé should detail how the applicant's education, training, and experience directly relate to the listed minimum and desired qualifications and job description.
DEAN OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – JobID 309738
This is a senior level, CIO position that provides visionary leadership for all technology areas at Paradise Valley Community College. This position manages the Information Technology Division that includes media and instructional technology development; oversees all aspects of the technology programs and services provided to the college; participates on many college and district-wide policy making committees; provides leadership on Information Technology (IT) related initiatives; works with a diverse population of administrators, faculty, staff, local and national organizations, other educational institutions, and vendors to accomplish the goals of technology at Paradise Valley Community College.
Paradise Valley Community College is a Learning Centered College that supports a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect, equity and understanding and incorporating views from dissimilar frames of reference are encouraged and valued. (https://www.paradisevalley.edu/diversity-and-inclusion) and (https://www.paradisevalley.edu/learning-centered-college)
25% - Plans, directs and evaluates the strategic direction of information and learning technology to support the future needs of teaching, learning and student success at Paradise Valley Community College
20% - Ensures the delivery and service of technology
20% - Develops and administers a college infrastructure technology plan which includes budget, cost benefit analysis of proposed systems, researching technology changes and innovations; long range goals and objectives
20% - Acts in advisory capacity to senior leadership, faculty and staff on technology matters; ensures prioritization of IT systems and projects, gathering input and sharing outcomes broadly.
15% - Serves on college and district-wide committees related to the position and field; performs other duties as assigned
- Master's degree from accredited college or university
- Three (3) or more years of leadership experience in the technology field
- Experience with supervising IT staff
- Experience with the application of technology in an educational or training environment
- Experience with enterprise-level implementation of hardware and software solutions
- Experience with strategic IT planning
- Five (5) or more years of IT leadership experience in an educational institution, preferably in higher education
- Experience with planning and implementing technology for capital projects such as new infrastructure, technology remodels, etc.
- Experience aligning security initiatives with business or institutional objectives
- Experience collaborating with faculty or staff on the implementation of instructional or learning technology
- Experience with developing business continuity and disaster recovery plans for IT systems
- Experience with managing fiscal, human, and capital resources to meet project goals
Special Working Conditions:
This position requires a flexible work schedule and a variety of weekend and evening hours. Local and or national travel may be required. Maybe required to work at multiple sites
How To Apply:
All current MCCCD employees must be logged into HCM Self Service when viewing and applying for jobs.
Applicants must submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets minimum and desired qualifications.
Applications without a cover letter will be incomplete and will not be considered.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter provide the following items:
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.