Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Associate Director, Outcomes Research, CORE
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Upper Gwynedd, PA
Job # OUT000418
The opportunity: By harnessing the power of scientific methodology and large data contribute to the development of evidence that demonstrates the value of Merck's pharmaceuticals and vaccines and provides our customers (payers, providers, patients, policy makers) with transformative insights. We aspire to use advanced analytical approaches and diverse sources of information in order to identify new and actionable bits of information that will positively impact care and wellbeing. This position will provide support in formulating strategic information and advice on cost/value, reimbursement, and promotion in support of marketed and developmental compounds.
Who you are: You are a data scientist with interests in population health. You are inherently curious with a strong desire to explore relations beyond the obvious, yet systematic and disciplined.
Where you fit in: You will collaborate with and support a diverse set of scientists in the Center for Observational and Real World Evidence (CORE) as you seek to push the boundaries of use of real world data to support market access, reimbursement and other business imperatives. You will help identify business and scientific opportunities as you broaden the scope of collaboration with other functions in the research laboratories. You will do this in a vibrant research environment with a strong innovative culture. You will have access to a wealth of resources and growth opportunities that only a premier pharmaceutical company can offer.
Position location: Upper Gwynedd, Pennsylvania
- Supports the development of statistical models & methodologies in order to quantify, estimate, and forecast health metrics of interest
- With relevant guidance, designs retrospective database studies, prospective naturalistic pharmaco-economics studies, or comparative effectiveness studies to test hypothesis and/or validate findings.
- Conducts advanced data analysis and utilizes/develops appropriate algorithms and statistical models to discover patterns, associations, and causal relations.
- Prepares data driven analyses reports to meet regulatory and HTA/R needs and to enhance understanding of barriers and drivers to pricing, reimbursement, and market access.
- Effectively communicates findings and methodological approaches. Actively supports research communication plans and may lead in the development of presentations and scientific publications.
- Reviews and provides critical appraisals of studies conducted by other sponsors.
- Remains abreast of scientific developments within fields of expertise, and maintains the CORE group's awareness of new methodologies. Contributes to Merck's prestige by maintaining recognition as an expert in his/her field; may publish independent scientific research in leading journals, participate in and present at scientific organizations and meetings, and serve as a peer reviewer for scientific journals.