Prince George's Community College transforms students' lives. The college exists to educate, train, and serve our diverse populations through accessible, affordable, and rigorous learning experiences. We are proud to boast of a multi-talented and diverse workforce as well as offering a competitive benefits package and services that will add to your potential and work/life balance. We are looking to attract and retain individuals who are committed to helping our students succeed. In return, you will find PGCC an exciting place to work and grow.
The Executive Director serves as a senior member of the Strategy, Planning, and Effectiveness office and provides guidance, direction, and support to the college in the areas of institutional research, institutional effectiveness, assessment, accreditation, program review, enrollment management and data and metrics regarding execution of the College’s strategic and operational plans. The position works with all college constituencies to assess the effectiveness of the College’s programs, services and interventions using relevant quantitative and qualitative data, and to use the assessment to inform decisions about those programs, services, and interventions. This position includes responsibility for maintaining a data repository and a team of research analysts which may be activated to answer institutional questions, including but not limited to program evaluation and sustainability, enrollment management, academic quality and student success, and strategic planning. The constant overarching goal of the Executive Director is to provide the right data, at the right time, to the right people such that it can have a maximum opportunity for impact on the effective operation of the institution.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, in higher education administration, business administration, measurement, computer technology, management information systems or a social science related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative research, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Four years of full-time equated experience in data analysis of large data sets, preferably longitudinal data sets.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of qualitative and quantitative research tools.
- Strong background in utilizing databases, statistical analysis, and research design.
- Minimum of four years supervisor experience.
- Doctorate preferred.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Knowledge of local, state and national community college issues; academic and student development programs; curriculum development; current trends and issues relating to federal and state reporting; accreditation requirements; current and innovative practices in the development and assessment of institutional effectiveness and student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated track record regarding the development of assessment tools and methods of measurement; data warehousing; data dashboards; use of data for program improvement; and management information systems.
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation.
- Experience with instructional program assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Knowledge of the SPSS software package.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assessment theory and practice.
- Able to provide multiple examples of working with assessment data and interpreting results using SPSS or other statistical software.