Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Senior Grant Writer to join our External Affairs Team!
The Senior Grant Writer coordinates plans to cultivate, solicit, and steward support from foundations, corporations, and public sources. This position also works to initiate new contacts and strengthen existing relationships with private and public institutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies private and public institutional prospects and conduct research to determine their levels of philanthropic affinity and capacity.
- Develops, manages, and implements cultivation and solicitation strategies for private and public institutional financial support.
- Develops, manages, and implements cultivation and solicitation strategies for private and public institutional capital financial support.
- Arranges and coordinates cultivation, stewardship, and recognition activities including site visits for private and public institutional sponsors and donors.
- Coordinates with team to ensure the accurate tracking of private and public institutional donations/gift commitments in Raiser’s Edge.
- Coordinates proposal development agency-wide with appropriate executive, supervisory, and program staff.
- Works closely with supervisory staff to review and implement solicitation and cultivation strategies.
- Supervises contractual staff as needed.