Research Technician I:
* Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university, including or supplemented by a course in statistics. Additional experience which has demonstrated that the applicant has acquired and successfully applied applicable the knowledges and abilities delineated below may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
* One year of experience in technical research or statistical work. One year of graduate study in the social sciences, economics, mathematics, statistics, public or business administration, or engineering fields may be substituted for the required experience.
Research Technician II:
* Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university. Additional experience which has demonstrated that the applicant has acquired and successfully applied applicable the knowledges and abilities delineated below may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
* Two years of progressively responsible experience in technical research or statistical work in the collection, compilation, and analysis of data. Graduate study in the social sciences, economics, mathematics, statistics, public or business administration or engineering may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Both skill levels:
* Bachelor’s degree in an analytical or social science field preferred; master’s degree preferred.
* Experience using PeopleSoft or other querying tools
* Experience using specialized web-based survey software preferred.
* Experience maintaining a website highly desirable.
* General knowledge of federal/local regulations concerning human subject surveys and IRB processes preferred.
* General knowledge of commonly used data elements and procedures for federal/state/regional reporting requirements to such entities as, the CSU Chancellor’s Office, IPEDS National Center for Education Statistics, and Department of Education preferred.
* Experience using SAS or SPSS preferred.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Research Technician I:
* Working knowledge of research techniques and the methods of preparation of research reports;
* Working knowledge of statistical principles and procedures, including methods of frequency series, data, simple correlation methods, sampling techniques, and construction of index numbers.
* Ability to assist in preparation of questionnaires, gathering and analyzing research data, and in compiling data for reports and summaries in tabular, graphic, and pictorial form.
* Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
* Ability to analyze situations accurately and to adopt an effective course of action;
* Ability to speak and write effectively.
Research Technician II:
* Thorough knowledge of research techniques, including the planning of studies and investigations, determining variables, developing bibliographical and other sources of data, and preparation of research reports.
* General knowledge of statistical principles and procedures, including methods of collecting statistical data, simple correlation methods, time series analyses, analysis of frequency series, sampling techniques, and construction of index numbers.
* General knowledge of sources of information on social, economic, and population trends in California.
* Ability to prepare questionnaires and other survey instruments.
* Ability to gather, compile, and analyze research date, and to present data in tabular, graphic, and pictorial form.
* Ability to prepare and work clear and comprehensive reports.
* Have a capacity for independent and creative thinking and writing on research and statistical problems.
* Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of a small team.
SALARY RANGE: Research Technician I: $3,103 - $5,040 per month. Research Technician II: $3,721 - $6,041 per month. Both skill levels include excellent paid benefits. The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Ms. Veronica Parra (209) 667-3929
A background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Voluntary_Self-Identification_of_Disability_CC-305_SD_Edit1.24.14.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
THE ANNUAL CAMPUS SECURITY AND FIRE REPORT INCLUDES STATISTICS FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS CONCERNING REPORTED CRIMES THAT OCCURRED ON CAMPUS; IN CERTAIN OFF-CAMPUS BUILDINGS OR PROPERTY OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY STANISLAUS STATE; AND ON PUBLIC PROPERTY WITHIN, OR IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO AND ACCESSIBLE FROM THE CAMPUS. THE REPORT ALSO INCLUDES INSTITUTIONAL POLICIES CONCERNING CAMPUS SECURITY, SUCH AS ALCOHOL AND DRUG USE, CRIME PREVENTION, THE REPORTING OF CRIMES, SEXUAL ASSAULT AND, CAMPUS FIRE STATISTICS. YOU CAN OBTAIN A COPY OF THIS REPORT AT: HTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/CRIME-STATISTICS. TO REQUEST A PRINTED COPY CALL: (209) 667-3572; FAX: (209) 667-3104; OR EMAIL: PUBLIC_SAFETY@CSUSTAN.EDU. INFORMATION REGARDING CAMPUS SECURITY REPORTS AT OTHER LOCATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT: HTTP://OPE.ED.GOV/SECURITY/. CLERY ACT: IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CRIME STATISTICS ACT, CRIME REPORT STATISTICS ARE AVAILABLE AT: WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/PAGES/CAMPUSCRIMESTATISTICS/INDEX.HTML.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER’ UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083 AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE