Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at
https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu . Reference position # 24890. AA/EEO
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Demonstrated exceptional writing and editing skills, including experience in writing digital and traditional communications (engaging stories, press releases, news alerts, etc.) that are accurate, creative and results-focused.
- Demonstrated experience and proven success in developing and defining strategic goals for digital and traditional communications exposure.
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, with minimal supervision, including strong organizational skills to provide accurate deliverables, on-time, by deadline.
- Willingness to be on-call after hours to field inquiries from reporters on deadline.
- Willingness to spend time with reporters on campus and beyond, as needed, to showcase the work of the school.
- Demonstrated and extensive knowledge of best practices for media relations, public information sharing and crisis communications.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to analyze information and situations, and propose alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated and extensive knowledge best practices for web and social media.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct