Program Management Specialist - (170000SD)
The Institute for Innovationand Implementation (III) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore School ofSocial Work is seeking a Program Management Specialist. Under generalsupervision, the Program Management Specialist is primarily responsible foronline learning facilitation through our webinar platform. This position will be responsible formanaging all of the webinars (annual total of 150) independently. This includes management and regularconversation with national expert presenters, working with internal staffaround dissemination of the webinars, scheduling, setting up, monitoring,recording, assisting with design and learning tools for all webinars within theIII to include learning communities and national webinars. Additionally, this person will lead thedevelopment of Podcasts and will participate in other media team projects asneeded. This will require the individual to work with national experts tocoordinate content development and organization and partnering with other mediastaff to see this through to completion.
The Institute serves as a national training, technical assistance, evaluation, policy, systems design, and finance center that is focused on children's behavioral health. The Institute supports state and local governments and organizations to implement effective systems and practices to best meet the needs of children and youth with complex behavioral needs and their families. This support is provided through three primary units within The Institute: Policy and Finance; Technical Assistance & Implementation; and Research & Evaluation. These units work in an integrated fashion to assist governmental and other organizational entities to achieve better outcomes for children, youth, and their families.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that starts with 10vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive healthinsurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and theirdependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Coordinate webinar production process including interfacingwith national experts, coordination with internal staff, scheduling, andinsuring a detailed production schedule. Assists in the planning and implementationof new or revised online learning facilitation programs, procedures, practicesand organization.
- Coordinate the Technical Assistance Network Podcastproduction process. This includesworking with external and internal national experts and partnering withinternal media staff around audio recording and editing.
- Maintain webinar calendar, forms, web based submissionprocess, and presentations, handouts, and other documents related to webinarpresentations. Assists in the preparation of final reports, promotionalmaterials, recommendations, and other information resources for the improvementof online learning facilitation.
- Conduct trial run webinars with presenters and provideguidance for presentation of content and use of available webinar presentationtools.
- Establishes effective communication channels and acts asliaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution.
- Email webinar links and reminders to participants andpresenters and report monthly data on webinars and podcast development to TANetwork leadership. Upload content and insure functionality of the platform.
- Collects, compiles, and organizes data pertinent to onlinelearning. Analyzes, summarizes, andcommunicates this information to appropriate officials. Develop and maintaindatabases used to collect and analyze data.
- Consults with program head and administrative officialsregarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needsfollowing specific instructions.
- Conducts basic efficiency, time and cost studies andanalyses of work processes and systems. Prepares simple statistical tables and charts, staffing patterns, andwork flow.
- Assists in or conducts studies and analyses of programs,organizations, procedures, or systems of limited scope or assists senior staffin more complex projects.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is toprovide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities ofthis job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties andresponsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Two years' experience in administrative staff work.
Other: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to schedule and coordinate logistics for webinar preparation, presentation, and close out. Elementary knowledge of reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information; of basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses or programs, procedures, and organizations; of basic analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skill in the use of office automation software and its application; in operating manual and automated office equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; to perform mathematical computations; to present statistical material in chart and graph form; strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Salary Range: $38,204 - $47,000
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Non-Exempt Staff - N10PM1
Employee Class : Non-Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Social Work - The Institute for Innovation and Implementation
: May 17, 2017
: May 31, 2017, 11:59:00 PM